Thanks for taking this further PMario! Hope I'm not sounding like Forest Gump
here but data tiddlers seem to me to be similar to single column spreadsheets.
They have an index and a single column of values, and each value 'slot' is
similar to a spreadsheet's cell in just one column.
If I create 2 or more data tiddlers with the same indexes then the number of
value columns available to my 'spreadsheet' expands and 'cells' across both
tiddlers can be referenced by {{distinctdatatiddlername##sharedindex}}.
In an ideal world I'd like to be able to sum those values but also to be able
to carry out the other maths operations that a spreadsheet allows on individual
values, ranges of values, groups of values that match a criteria etc - (i.e
values filtered to meet a condition, across several data tiddlers).
I hope that makes some sort of sense. Just my 2 shrimps worth if you're
thinking about formulating a pull request.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/46fd177a-c43d-471f-8641-f4ebdc399448%40googlegroups.com.