Hi David,

I do not have time for a full answer, but so you can keep moving

   - The system tag $:/tags/Exporter marks the exporters so {{
   $:/tags/Exporter||$:/core/ui/TagTemplate}} is a tag pill which you can
   use to see them all
   - Then read these exporters, you will note each works differently but
   typically uses a macro or template to generate what is exported
   - Follow the path to see how each works, you may need to create a new
   template or macro
   - The json exporter refers to jsontiddlers macro but its not well
   documented but simply generates the json file.
   - The Export Button is $:/core/ui/Buttons/export-tiddler which call's
   the macro "exportButton" and exportButtonFilename defined
   in $:/core/macros/export
   - Ultimately this macro is called with $param containing current tiddler
   and see "filename=" this is where you could modify it

<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-download-file" $param=<<currentTiddler>>
exportFilter="""$exportFilter$""" filename=<<exportButtonFilename
"""$baseFilename$""">>/>

Perhaps you make your own version of the above inside a button that is
tagged $:/tags/ViewToolbar

I am off to "the bush" have a nice weekend.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2753095b-dad4-432c-8564-09cc0a1184df%40googlegroups.com.