Muhammad (and Tony), yes do go ahead and make it work for datatiddlers. I
don't think it should be difficult.

Tony, about field types and therefore adapting the type of editor: One
super simple step might be to, in the current macro, merely exchange the
EditTextWidget instances for EditWidget instances. I just never use the
latter even if it is more general, possibly because of the limited
parameter options.

For manual control of field type, per column or even per cell, one could
imagine a small dropdown button to the right in each column header in edit
mode where a field type is set.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/134f4371-5261-4fd3-a65b-5f084bcc2df8%40googlegroups.com.