Hi Timothy

Just to say that you can use the toolbar button that looks like two links
of a chain to create an external link:

1. Select the text you want to link
2. Click the "link" button
3. Type the target address of the link (ignore the list of tiddlers that
appears below)
4. Click the right chevron button to insert the link

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/11604f7b-b717-41d8-ad52-4d2776e03900%40googlegroups.com.