Mario,

> There's no need to create a human un-friendly ID.

There is if you establish relationships to other tiddlers based on the
title then rename it.

   - The problem with title is it may be always unique, but it can change.
   So is something really unique if does not remain the same over time?
   - An example is using the Qualify macro to set states

For this reoccurring issue I built a simple way of creating a unique ID but
it needs to be button driven and thus requires user intervention to stamp a
tiddler.

   1. Take the current tiddlers full serial created date
   2. Check if it is unique,
      1. if not add 1 microsecond re do step 2
      2. If unique set the field unique-id to the fullserial+N
   3. Use the contents of unique-id when ever you want to link something to
   the current tiddler
   4. We could have a qualify macro that uses the unique-ID to do so.

This just needs to be made into a javascript and placed into the core
create tiddler with a toggle to switch it on. No need to retrofit tiddlers
already created, but easy with a button.

If no one else does this I will eventually out of frustration, need to
finish my javascript and tiddlywiki dev learnings.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7f83ca51-96b2-45cf-b146-b7e6be6310b9%40googlegroups.com.