h0p3

for you site https://philosopher.life have you tried disabling plugins?
>From what I've heard, 10000+ mostly text based tiddlers shouldn't be a
problem in TW. My (not very qualified) guess is that you're using some
plugins or templates that cause a lot of repeated and nested iterations or
recursions.

A quick look at your plugin list shows you have the Kin filter plugin. I
imagine this is a pretty system taxing plugin IF used in some template that
is called all the time.

Maybe you're using a ToC that is active all the time? These are, I assume,
recursive cratures.

I note these two overwritten shadow tids. I'm guessing all things
"historiy" iterates through all tiddlers contiuosly to be up to date.
$:/plugins/wimmoermans/history/HistoryTab
<https://philosopher.life/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fwimmoermans%2Fhistory%2FHistoryTab>
$:/plugins/wimmoermans/history/HistoryTab2
<https://philosopher.life/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fwimmoermans%2Fhistory%2FHistoryTab2>

I did not look at your tagging structure but if there is extensive cross
tagging then maybe this would also tax the system. I'm just guessing. (If
anyone has facts on these things, please shout out.)

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c9255199-f35e-4d08-9a85-a0fb6528579f%40googlegroups.com.