h0p3,

About the "searching GUI": this is what I mean under "auto-completion":

https://bimlas.gitlab.io/demo/tw5/advanced-search-filter-with-completion.html

Click in and out to the entry until popup is not shown. It's currently
doing nothing but lists the names of filters that match the text you type.
To be truly functional, I need to implement additional filters.

The principle would be to wait for the name of a filter after every "[" and
"]" character (for example at the "*" characters in
"[*all[*shadows]*tag[*foo]*]") and show the completions based on the name
of the semi-typed filter to the name of the entire filter, as the
code-completion works in an IDE.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tboox/xmake-vscode/master/res/completion.gif