Hi. Thanks for this wonderful group where I have searched and found so many
answers to my newbie questions. I use TW5 to manage my writing project
(novel). It was a really life-changing discovery for me as a writer, for
years I tried to find different tools to support my natural instinctive
process but it was always clunky, where TW5 is intuitive and natural. I
love it.

Anyway, my question. My tagging system has changed and refined (as my
process for working on the project has settled down and become clear) and I
now have fewer and more relevant tags than when I began. I have TW5 set to
open the shadow tiddler $:/Manager on start, which gives me immediate
visibility of a particular set of tagged tiddlers I need to work with (my
raw daily notes/writing), and makes it really easy and intuitive for me to
work with them.

As part of my process I go into each of these tiddlers in turn and copy out
sections of text into "collection" tiddlers, enabling me to use it
meaningfully and connect it into the larger project. Once this is complete
for a particular source ("raw") tiddler I change its tag (using the
checkbox tag options in the 'Tags panel on the right hand side) to show
that it has been sorted (effectively archiving it).

However I am finding that the 'Tags' panel in $:/Manager, that is so useful
for this process, is clogged up with a long list of every defunct tag that
I have ever used the Manager to manipulate. There are actually no longer
any tiddlers with these tags (I used the RenameTags search and replace
function to change or remove them). Sometimes the list of defunct tags is
longer than the depth of the 'Wikified Text' box. It's distracting, and
also takes time to scroll down each time and hunt for the few actual
current tags in the list.

My question is whether and how I can 'reset' $:/Manager to only offer
currently existing tags in its 'Tags' checkbox menu. Thank you.

Les