I feel I should know this already but have to ask: Is it correct to say
that "the original input to a filter are 'all tiddlers' "?

I ask this after noting the example
<https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#match%20Operator%20(Examples)> for the
new match filter op that reads:

[match[HelloThere]] --> HelloThere

...and in the docs for the match op, it says "input : a selection of titles"

...but, of course, a empty filter does not output all tiddlers. (maybe "no
operator" is a special case which outputs nothing?)

<:-)