Hi Christian,

maybe something like the following does the trick?

\define actions()
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" tags=" [[JournalEntry]]
[[$(currentDateTime)$]] " />
\end

<$button class=<<tv-config-toolbar-class>> tooltip="New Journal Entry">{{$:
/core/images/file}}
<$set name="currentDateTime" value=<<now "0DD. 0MM. YYYY">>>
<<actions>>
</$set>
</$button>

I'm attempting to create a new tiddler with the button below: