You might explain your requirements a little bit more.

It sounds like you want something like familymember-1, familymember-2...etc

The thing is, that's probably going to be harder to work into reports and
solutions down the road. Why not have a list field, family-members,
pointing to other people like:

[[Ted Jones]] [[Doug Jones]] [[April Smith]] ...

Good luck!