Folks,

I am keen to solicit information from the community on a concept I am
working on. *A Universal selector*.

I am keep to obtain you views naive or expert. Please try and keep this
conceptual, but if you must you can get detailed or technical.

Many of you would realise I am totally committed to tiddlywiki, both
personally and professionally. I am also a conceptual thinker who tries and
maximises the benefits and usability of everything I do in tiddlywiki.  I
also believe strongly on obtaining feedback from the community when
developing a concept rather that relying only my own world view. Diversity
of ideas is valuable. I also see the value in brainstorming in the early
phase of solution development.

The truth be said, be it out community of the clumsy nature of Google
Forums such attempts by me in the past have only generated a little
feedback, but I will open this up again and see.

It seems to me that one of the more time consuming parts of tiddlywiki is
the process of selecting items, be it tags to use, to tiddlers to tag, a
fieldname or value to assign to a field, or building a list of tiddlers or
possible values. Don't get me wrong, tiddlywiki already handles this very
well, but I wonder if it was able to handle this extremely well, would
tiddlywiki be even more powerful?

I have a conceptual idea of a way to do this, I am currently in the initial
design phase of this project. However I intentionally do not want to share
any details yet, incase it may color peoples ideas or expectations.

Hence this post. Please comment with any ideas you have and no idea is a
bad idea. A little or a lot is fine.

*The subject I would like your feedback on is;*

*What do you find you need to select in tiddlywiki, what problems, or
enhancements to the selection process would you like to see, what is your
most common selection methods like searches, filters, tagging and which are
less common because they are more difficult such as selecting a value to
assign to a field. What do you select most often, tags, tiddler titles,
other text or lists, html or css other other information? Do you use radio,
checkboxes, edifields or searches, do you like to drag and drop to select
and reorder items. Do you select text and copy it to the clipboard, or is
selecting dates your biggest issue? What are the best selection methods you
are aware of?*

*What to I mean universal selector*

*With the information you provide me I am looking to make an interface that
will allow easy selection of almost anything within tiddlywiki, this is
what I consider a universal selector. The tiddlyverse is the universe in
which it applies, but of course this extends to text, html, urls and
domains or css.*

*Thanks in advance*
*Tony*