Please correct me if this is not the correct venue to discuss core changes.
I considered forking TW on Github and sending a pull request, but I wanted
to share this idea first, as discussion may lead to further solutions.

One frustration I have with the current implementation of auto-completion
in a text box is the inability to select from choices with the arrow keys
or select the first option with the enter key. It occurred to me recently
that TiddlyWiki does not utilize the HTML5 element <datalist>, but with
very minimal code change it could. I propose we add a new optional
parameter to the EditText Widget called "list". This simple modification
will allow the user to associate a <datalist> of <options> for an
auto-complete drop-down that responds to keystrokes.

I have created a demonstration here:
http://alans-sandbox.tiddlyspot.com/#:[[DataList Feature in Edit-Text
Widget]][[Experimental Changes]]