Mark, I've got a serious Happy Friday fist-bump for you.

On a Windows rig today, I went to the wiki hosted on neocities, disabled
the plugin, saved locally, closed the browser and loaded up the local copy
of my TiddlyWiki, and problem gone.

That is right awesome.  Thank-you !

Aside: if ever you have a chance, how did you figure around 1,000?
Whatever trick you used, please do tell.

And BTW: I'm really just getting started.  I can't wait to see how well
TiddlyWiki handles the load .  Excellent so far.