> So many talented developers talking about pre-compiled filters raises my
> curiosity. Is there any place to read about them? I'm familiar with
> callbacks and some JavaScript design patterns such as the module pattern.
> Is that enough to understand this ?

Danielo, you understand everything man, don't worry :)
Its no magic. If you often use the same filter just use

filter = "[....]";
$tw.wiki.compileFilter(filter);
filter.call($tw.wiki);

you dont need a source. a source is just important when you want to decide
on  which tiddlers to run the filter on.
see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywikidev/U6LFRxrJfeU

Felix