Hi Tobi,

I find it difficult to agree. Perhaps that is owed to my not being a
> hardcore developer but I would think that there factually is no such
> hardcore documentation standard. There are project guidelines, styles and
> implementations ...adopting this or that method, maybe jsdoc.

JSDOC is highly similar to PHPDOC
(http://phpdoc.org/docs/latest/index.html) to JAVADOC
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javadoc)... also it the standard at Google.
If developers look at the tiddlywiki code they should feel familiar with
the doc comments and not be scared or confused.

> In some distant past, some text editor developer thought it pretty to
> generate...
>
> /**
>  * @param foo {string} does bar
>  * @return {strong} gives blip
>  *
>  * bing bong
>  */
>

> ..I don't agree at all that we need or want to see or write those
> superfluous asterisks.

 It is a convention so your editor knows how to highlight the
block-comments and people can see that each line belongs to a comment block
dedicated to one topic. This has really nothing to do with emacs...

To me, it's quite important that we input the documentation in precisely
> the way we know it will render as a tiddler. This seems rather important so
> as to make things right. Doing the mental yoga to anticipate what some
> parser will do with it seems a rather poor design choice, imho. Let's stick
> to *.tid* format!

Do you mean the dictionary format? How can I document nested objects with
that or go multiline?

> Keeping it simple and smart.

Do you want to write a parser that automatically does all the rendering and
automatic linking?

That's what I'm saying, let's not waste time on writing a jsdoc parser to
> crank a lot of wheels so as to turn that into tiddlers! Let's use tiddler
> format, because we sure know how to parse that and we know how those things
> end up in TiddlyWiki! Simple, straight forward.

Why do you want to do this with tiddlywiki? This is just code documentation
directed at developers. Joomla and Drupal are Content Management systems.
Do they say: "let's develop and write our code docs in a joomla parsable
format and publish it as a Joomla or Drupal Website?"

So I am strongly in favour of using a standard here.