Hi Eric!

While your solution isn'twrong, I do not fully get the advantage of using a
list field over transcluding the tiddlers directly. Okay... When you want
not-listed tiddlers to appear after the listed ones, it's helpful. But it
seems to me as if this would seldom be the case. The usual case I can think
of is the one where you want an explicit order. As such you would need to
list all tiddlers.

When I had such a requirement, I went for an "order" field in each of the
tiddlers, which gives a numerical value after which the tiddlers are sorted:

<$list filter="[tag{!!title}nsort[order]]">
<$transclude tiddler={{!!title}} mode="block" />

</$list>