God eftermiddag Mat

> To my satisfaction, Felix' proposals for user options on how to open a
> tiddler
> <http://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FControlPanel%2FSettings%2FLinkToBehaviour>
>  seem
> to make it to 5.1.9. Great!

Thanks :)

> IMO we should have some equivalent option for tiddler closing. Quite
> often I wish I would come back to the /previously viewed
> tiddler/ instead of having the tiddler story pulled up into place
> which puts focus on whatever /arbitrary/ tiddler is there...
> distracting my little brain, just a tad.

Yes, that would be nice. But sadly there is no real way to specify which
tiddler you previously viewed - I mean maybe on a larger screen you
looked at a tiddler more below. Is this the tiddler previosly viewed
then? Or do you mean the tiddler previously navigated to? or the one you
scrolled into view?

> Luckily, Felixes "opening behaviour" mentioned above means that if you
> set new tiddlers to "open above the current tiddler", then the
> previous tiddler will be what appears. Still, that is incidental

Incidential or not, it is happening :)

> I propose a "$:/core/ui/ControlPanel/Settings/Link*From*Behaviour". It
> should actually save the viewing history a few steps back so that you
> can "/close this one... aha, so that is what I was doing previously,
> well I'll close it now... aha, so that is what I did 3 tiddlers ago,
> well I'll close it now... aha"/.

This already exists and is what the HistoryList does. The problem with
jumping back on closing is: what if you scrolled down the river and
close some arbitrary tiddler? should it jump back to the link from where
you opened it? What if that tiddler is already closed. what if that
tiddler is far at the top (possible since tiddlers can now also be
opened at bottom, not just above or below or at top)?

> How many steps should be saved? Well, the reasonable answer is "as
> many as there are tiddlers open" since those are the only titles
> relevant. It would really be the list in tab Open, but in another
> order. (...unless Felixes other invention, Top Story View is used).

Or maybe I misunderstood you and you just want to have an open list that
is sorted by the order of navigation events?

-Felix

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/BLU436-SMTP173E72E9EF2CDBFF3101512CEC90%40phx.gbl.