On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 9:52:54 AM UTC-7, Lalit Jain wrote:

> What is the best way to change the title of a tiddler dynamically? I tried
> using the edit-text widget, however this results in a new tiddler being
> created for each additional letter I input! The use case for this is a
> button that creates a new tiddler with a specific form (ie builtin tags,
> fields, and text) and then allows a user to edit the title.

For this particular use-case, there is already a nice solution:

First, create by hand a single tiddler (e.g., "MyTemplate") with the
desired tags, fields, and text values.
Then, embed the following $button in your content:
<$button message="tm-new-tiddler" param="MyTemplate>make new form</$button>

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
ELS Design Studios
TiddlyTools - "Small Tools for Big Ideas!"
InsideTiddlyWiki: The Missing Manuals

YOUR DONATIONS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/fab6f5bb-6f78-4506-bfd4-525d10c7fe06%40googlegroups.com.