Hi all,

after using and "hacking" TWC for several years now, I decided to move to
TW5. It's great (!!!), but I have to learn a lot of new stuff, as it seems
to be a complete different approach, especially when it comes to develop
extensions.

First, I'm not a developer at all. I learned a bit of HTML, CSS and JS
while extending my TWC the last few years with some small plugins, themes
and other tweaks ... so please be patient ;) For my first attempt to learn
a bit more about TW5, I decided to include an autosuggest library[1] into
TW5, like I have done with my TWC plugin AutoSuggestPlugin[2] two years
ago.

What I have done so far? Not much actually. First I looked into some other
plugins and core modules in order to grasp a bit about the plugin mechanism
and core functions. I read some articles on TiddlyWiki Dev for a basic
understanding of TW5 internals. I searched this group for some tutorials
and guides regarding editarea handling, but I have not found any good
starting points. After reading and trying to code something that works, I
had to give up realizing that I have no clue where to start. It was much
easier with TWC as I can remember. I've put AutoSuggestPlugin[2] together
in just a few days. And tadaa, it worked with some quirks ... but it
worked! It seems to be much more difficult with TW5.

What I have done successfully(?) is to include textcomplete[1] library into
a new tiddler called: "$:/.ar/library/textcomplete.min.js" as
"application/javascript" and the custom field "module-type" with value
"library". Is this correct? Now, my next step could be writing a first test
script in a new "application/javascript" tiddler with module-type: ??? in
order to test some functions provided by textcomplete.js (maybe with a
textarea div created in another tiddler) ... You see, I don't really know,
what to do next.

My (first) goal with such a plugin would be to have an automatic
suggestions mechanism in tiddler edit mode, so for example typing two
square brackets would call autocomplete that shows a list with suggestions
for internal wiki links (list with all non-system tiddlers).

Maybe such a plugin is too complicated and to ambitious as a first project?
Including such a library into TWC was very easy, even with my little
knowledge of JS. But TW5 seems to have a steeper learning curve.

Could anybody give me some hints and tips or just point me to a similar
plugin/module?

Kind regards,
Albert

[1] GitHub: https://github.com/yuku-t/textcomplete / Demo: