On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 1:04:19 AM UTC-7, Mat wrote:

> As per example <http://tiddlywiki.com/#SetWidget> for SetWidget given in
> docs, under "Conditional Variable Assignment":
>
> <$set name="myVariable" filter="" value="It's magic" emptyValue="It's not
> magic">
> <$text text=<<myVariable>>/>
> </$set>
>

> As seen, I have edited the filter to be totally emtpy.
>
> IMO the result should be the emptyValue... but it returns the value (It's
> magic). Surely that can't be correct or do I misunderstand something?
>
> <:-)

The TW parser doesn't differentiate between a parameter with a blank value
and a parameter that is not specified at all.  Thus, since filter="", it's
as if you had just written

<$set name="myVariable" value="It's magic">

(the emptyValue="..." param is ignored unless a non-blank filter is used)

-e

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/98c37248-57e7-4e8a-bfb4-504b45387ca8%40googlegroups.com.