I'm writing this here for lack of anywhere else. Its not up to Github
standard so I can't post it there. But I think the issue is real and its
more than the usual TW problem solving.

I have been using BJ's excellent "Flexity" Plugin
<http://flexibility.tiddlyspot.com/> for some weeks now. Its basically
opened my eyes to ..

 (1) The central role of Parsing in TW.

 (2) The flex you can get when you can switch OFF some of the extant
parsing rules and replace them with alternative markup.

 (3) The ease of using Regular Expressions (via BJ's method) to create
totally new systems of markup very economically & efficiently without
having to edit JavaScript.

WHAT is my point?

My point is that IF the current architecture of parsing could be opened up
so that it were much easier to add "User Content Types" via markup mediated
by a simple cascade of regular expressions (NOT via individual Javascript
modules as is) for many use cases it could open the way for TW to become a
near "Universal Markup Engine".

Over the next few weeks I hope to release a fully honed TW application for
screenplays that uses the pure, standard, *Fountain Markup* system. But
even without that yet complete I'm sensing that better, easier interface
with the TW Parsers--and an easier way to add new parsing rules without
recourse to JavaScript could be seriously healthy step for TW or TWX.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/3cdeec7f-01c2-4272-ad7e-c68a952e7183%40googlegroups.com.