The storyview is only a tiny part of the overall picture, as the storyview
handles the view, but not the river. navigation happens on the river. So
please, can we stay on the topic on how to get a working story river with
navigation that only has a single tiddler open at any time? I will try BJ's
suggestion later, as it seems to make much sense. Thank you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/a712a621-dba7-46aa-b640-67f655db604e%40googlegroups.com.