On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 8:14:25 AM UTC+1, Tristan Kohl wrote:

> thank you for the hint, seems like I was looking at the wrong place :)

How should you know :)

> It seems to be somewhat of a official documentation, is that the case?

Kind of. ... TiddlyWiki is a reference implementation for a tiddler based
data store, where every resource is uniquely reachable with an URI.

It was used as the basis for tiddlyspace, which sadly was closed down early
last year.

Recipes and bags are basically a "concept" to manage multiple tiddler
stores ... aka bags

If a recipe contains several bags, the contained tiddlers are "stacked".
The further down in the list, the higher the priority.
So the last bag will overwrite tiddlers from bags above it.
This concept is very powerful.

Eg: Having a bag, that contains your standard plugins, which is included
into all of your recipes.
So changing this bag will update all your recipes ....

As you can see <https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/tiddlyweb/recipe>, a recipe
is a list of bags with filters. At tank.peermore.com you can get a list of
all public recipes like this:

https://tank.peermore.com/recipes.txt
or
https://tank.peermore.com/recipes.json

There is a test-tw5 recipe, https://tank.peermore.com/recipes/test-tw5.txt
that contains

desc: test tiddlywiki 5
policy: {"read": [], "create": [], "manage": ["pmario"], "accept": [], "write":
[], "owner": "pmario", "delete": []}

and 2 bags.

/bags/tw5/tiddlers
/bags/test-tw5/tiddlers

--------------

The bag: test-tw5 can be seen with:
https://tank.peermore.com/bags/test-tw5/tiddlers.txt

So it lists my public tiddlers.

A bag has a policy too, which can only be seen as json like this:
https://tank.peermore.com/bags/test-tw5.json

If you use https://tank.peermore.com/bags/test-tw5  ... you'll get an html
representation of a bag, with limited interaction. Just check it out.

===================

The sad thing is: *the nodejs server doesn't know anything about this
mechanisms*, except "default" recipe and "default" bag, to be able to
re-use an existing tiddlyWeb adapter.
It only implements the most basic interaction between TW and a rudimentary
file based datastore.

It was designed to be a test-server only, and nobody should have used it
for production.

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/1df4b8b7-7a5c-48e8-adaa-d4f7261caf2d%40googlegroups.com.