I would like to add something here and I hope I may be able to state it
clearly.

   - We can already effectively store and share tiddlers and groups of
   tiddlers, we can drag and drop, import and export.
   - It seems to me this thread is considering the "Ultimate" integrated
   transfer or subscription process" when 98% of what is required already
   exists.
   - I am all for the ultimate solution but this is to me putting the cart
   before the horse,
   - In building my own tiddlyWiki network, to share and distribute plugins
   and other wikis I have used existing tools to do this

It seems to me that a large part of this solution can occur at the wiki
implementation level, without plugins or core changes.

Of course my implementation has limits but actually there are a few
features that would allow it to become a full solution.  Here is a non
exhaustive list of the top of my head.

   - At TiddlyWiki load time checking for the existence of a named file
   such as a Json file and importing it,
      - Use file time stamps to avoid doing it more than once until it
      changes.
   - Provide a logout or exit process, or within the save process to export
   a json file with selected tiddler once a tiddler changes.
   - Mark tiddlers as owned by a specific wiki, and allow edit in that wiki
   and avoid edit in other wikis.
      - This entails a method to register wikis
   - Using iframe embedding external wikis, works well to open a window and
   permit drag drop of tiddler such as plugtins between TiddlyWikis
      - This however requires selecting import in the destination wiki
      - Or still seeing the side bar etc.. when displaying a foreign tiddler
      - Providing a way to open a Wiki with the focus on a single tiddler
      would help here.

Each of these features should be fairly easy to implement
If we then combined the above with a set of practices or plugin support
people could then build loosely coupled networks of wikis with shared
tiddlers.

In conclusion, a lot could be done in the implementation space with support
from a few tools. This can then be extended with features in platforms such
as Node, Bob to build highly scale-able tiddler distribution hubs.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/c5151a29-4281-45c9-be16-98cf25b2064c%40googlegroups.com.