Adam,

Its not exactly a "bug". Its more a visual design problem. If you wrapped
the text then the items would get spaced so it would look like the "Tools
menu" which can be even more of a visual mess ...

I wrote about this before. I can't find the post, as it was over a year
ago, saying I thought explicitly showing those descriptive texts was
overkill. The button says it already so why write more?

Jeremy Ruston replied to that the explicit descriptions are needed for
smartphone users.

There is a way to turn OFF the descriptions so they don't appear. I don't
have the code to hand. I will see if I can find it.

Hope that is helps you understand it even if it doesn't solve it.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/7c091f78-0719-4bcb-9a82-b7fc0855ac14%40googlegroups.com.