I’m now reaching the end of the enhancements I’d planned for the TW5 web
server. Briefly summarising the new features:

* Replaces the “server” command with a new, less unwieldy “listen” command that
takes named parameters
* Configurable to allow anonymous reading but require logging in to edit
* Configurable to restrict reading and writing to arbitrary lists of users
* Editing controls are now hidden unless the user has write access to the wiki
* Multiple user identities via a CSV file of usernames and passwords
* Serving static files that are not part of the wiki
* Support for HTTPS
* Authentication via trusted headers
* An experimental new single tiddler per page static view with hyperlinks but
no other interactive features
* CSRF protection (albeit fairly minimal at this point)

It’s a major rework but, as usual, it is intended to be fully backwards
compatible with existing wikis and existing command lines.

I’d much appreciate help in a few areas:

* Verifying that the new stuff doesn’t break backwards compatibility of
existing scripts using the --server command
* Checking out the new functionality
* Helping ensure that the documentation is adequate

The new stuff is still in a branch, so if you’re working under Node.js you’ll
need to check out this branch to try it out:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/http-server
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/http-server>

I’ve also used this branch to build https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease, so you
can see the new documentation there:

https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#WebServer
<https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#WebServer>

Any other questions and comments are welcome,

Best wishes

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/83841BB7-EE67-40AD-83F9-1E5E06BE226F%40gmail.com.