Mat,

I am not sure if this helps

People wiser than me can set me strait If I have it wrong, but after
packaging a few plugins under the $:/plugins I also started including
tiddlers outside this name but Ensured they have a reasonable chance of not
colliding, I include tiddlers in my own prefix $:/PSaT/ and then use a
caption for pretty links in the side bar. I have also created non $:/
tiddlers that transclude one of the installed tiddlers. eg "Columns
Manager" containing $:/PSaT/Columns, I try to at least not use a tiddler
name already existing in TiddlyWiiki.com or any other plugin I am aware of.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/fd17fac2-2eaf-4189-8d85-a352465407fc%40googlegroups.com.