Dear all:

I am starting to write my first widget plugin + external library in TW5 and
I am not completely sure about the the correct / recommended / most useful
structure to give to the various pieces I need to orchestrate.
I am using the node + folder model, as recommended on the devs site.

As I see it, there are 4 basic components:

1. TW5 itself
2. My plugin code
3. The demo/test site for the plugin
4. The external js library code (which I maintain too)

Here is what I did:
- I cloned the main TW5 repo  and created a second git repo under
TW5/plugins/myName/myPluginName
- I cloned the external library repo under
TW5/plugins/myName/myPluginName/files

So I have this structure, which I basically copied from the Railroad plugin
I am using as a blueprint (and which seems already a bit too complex):

TW5 (git repo)
   +--------->bin
   +--------->boot
   +-- .....
   + -------->editions
    |               +--------->server
    |                               +--------->tiddlywiki.info (updated to
include myPlugin)
   +--------->plugins
                    +--------->tiddlywiki
                    +--------->stefano
                                     +---------->myPlugin (git repo)
                                                        +----------->files
(git repo for external library)

+------------>external_library.js
Questions:

1. Where would I put the demo/test site (which I also want to be under git
control)? Am i correct that any tiddlywik/node site I init from within the
TW5 directory above could be anywhere on disk and still have access to
myPlugin?

2. Mostly, I am not sure about the external library location. First, it
does not seem right to clone the entire external repo under files, which
presumably will contain also other local material (.css, tiddlywiki.files,
etc).
    Perhaps the external library should be cloned under a subdir of files
and tiddlywiki.files structured accordingly, and tiddliwiki.files made to
point it to it? With demo/test site included it would look as follows:

 +--TW5 (git repo)
 |       +--------->bin
 |       +--------->boot
 |       +-- .....
 |       + -------->editions
 |       |               +--------->server
 |       |                               +--------->tiddlywiki.info
(updated to include myPlugin)
 |       +--------->plugins
 |                        +--------->tiddlywiki
 |                        +--------->stefano
 |                                         +---------->myPlugin (git repo)
 |
+----------->files

+--------->  file.css

+--------->  tiddlywiki.files

+----------> external_library-folder (git repo)

+------------------>external-library.js

 +-->Demo/test site (git repo)

This structure makes logical sense to me but with four different git repos
to keep updated seems like a maintenance nightmare (well 3+1, since I am
not involved with TW5, although I would have to pull from every now and
then).
Any suggestions on possible simplifications? How do you guys do it?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/7618e06f-988b-4db8-8ed9-a53496d1ed54%40googlegroups.com.