Never mind again, got it from the Railroad plugin:

1. Create the panels the make up the various tabs of the plugin page

In  the plugin.info file, add a "list" field with the names of the panels,
then create corresponding tiddlers with prefix

$:/plugins/yourName/yourPlugin

> 2. Create a settings for my plugin that would either be added to the
> control panel or be accessible from the plugin page

 See above foe the plugin page panel. If going for the control panel, then
create and use a $:/config/myPlugin tiddler

> 3. Access said settings from the plugin code
>
>   use $tw.wiki.getTiddlerData()

Stefano Franchi

stefano.fran...@gmail.com <stef...@tamu.edu>
http://stefano.cleinias.org