Hi Tony,

I used similar way of working to get data in but I dropped TiddlyDesktop as
it was to restrictive passing the data between iframes etc.
Now I run a TWc on nw.js and this opens a box of possibilities and security
risks, be aware.
This enables all I/O you want, start a batch file or any other application
and import the created file etc. by a mouse click and make a tiddler out of
it.
The core code you can find here. <https://github.com/nwOkido/nwSaver>

Have a nice day, Okido