Hi,

What happens if you import the same stuff 4 times. Do you get 4 renamed and
duplicated tiddlers, where nobody knows, which one to use?

I think, this is plugin territory. In TW one of several "strong" principle
says: "User content always wins" ... and I think, that shouldn't change.

I personally wouldn't want, that the import process invalidates content
that I created. The import dialog has a possibility to view and evaluate
every single tiddler, if it should be imported or not. It's simple to see,
the "difference" between existing tiddler and the imported one.  ... If
users don't do that, imo it's not the fault of the mechanism.

There is a th-importing-tiddler hook, which can be used to create a
behaviour as you describe it, but I think this is usecase dependent and
should be implemented as a plugin first.

-mario