On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 10:03:40 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> *Regarding a use case using "shorthand"*
>
> PMario wrote:
>>

>> The point is, I'm completely clueless, why you write "content" with CSS?
>> What is the purpose? Or is it just testing out the possibilities?
>>

> Its a good question to ask. It forces me to be explicit about it. Yeah, it
> seems very bizarre at first. But its addressing a very specific use case.
>
> For over a decade I have made manual SHORTHAND for lesson instructions for
> bodywork. An example hand-written (on paper) shorthand for the start of a
> lesson ...
>
> Pb Ob Pbk Crl o ll at k // A1 Abk 1 L 2 R

That's very interesting. So you can read this and it makes sense to you :)
.. Nice!

PS. There is a side-effect too that is very good for me. Generated content
> CSS can't be copied via select on screen. Since these lessons are very
> costly to make I don't want users (or competitors) whom I don't work with
> to be able to easily copy my work. Read fine. Copy or print, no. You have
> to pay for that. CSS lets me make stealing lessons difficult without
> requiring any server involvement.

Printing should be possible. ... But copy pasting is harder. ...

Do you have any server based setting to engage with your users?

I would go a slightly different route. Have eg: about a miniute readable
and for the rest you have to be logged in. .. But you are right, this would
need a server side.

-m