Christopher,

Others can give a more technical origins story, but to me TiddlyWiki is the
framework. It is a platform in its own right and relies on broad standards
of HTML and Javascript.

When incorporating Javascript you need to be aware of the way tiddlywiki
works because its efficient update propagation to the whole wiki when a
change occurs is what gives tiddlywiki power to a developer and user.

Because of this use of standard software standards plus a set of
mechanisium in many cases its possible to plug in many alternative
technologies, both in single file files and even more so on Node JS server
implementations.

A key thing to remember is most of tiddlywiki is totally visible even
within a single empty.html, by learning how to navigate the internals of
tiddlywiki it becomes self documenting and you can follow a current
function to learn how its done and clone and build a new new and novel
solution.

A piece of advice to New users and javascript writers is as a platform or
framework much can be achieved already tiddlywiki without resorting to new
Javascript code. I believe the key input needed by javascript coders is
filling gaps in functionality or performance when needed or creating
engines for complex computations. Fortunately open source projects in
javascript or HTML can be and have being, "ported" into the tiddlywiki
frame work successfully, and this makes use of other open source
communities efforts.

I feel tiddlywiki is about both niche and general solutions but I have
adopted it as my development environment of choice on top of which I can
build anything including tools to build TiddlyWiki's or websites and apps.

Regards
Tony