On 9/16/10 4:15 AM, Adam Tkac wrote:
> My MinGW patch isn't accepted, yet. And I'm not sure if it will be
> accepted:
> https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=AANLkTikg0hAGpArLTqFSWn6IdSI5aNOwJk-3ZDl4rqrq%40mail.gmail.com
>
> I'm going to merge my "vcstudio_buildsys" branch to trunk so it should
> be possible to build winvnc with both MSVC and MinGW.

But those project files don't currently support 64-bit or SIMD, right?

Someone contributed a VC++ project for libjpeg-turbo (it's in the
Patches section of that project page), so that might help get SIMD
working under VC++ in TigerVNC.  The lack of 64-bit with that build
solution is still a problem, though.

I really don't like the fact that the only build system we have that can
generate "complete" Windows binaries for TigerVNC (both 32-bit and
64-bit, both client and server, with full SIMD acceleration) requires a
custom compiler patch that the upstream compiler project seems to be
rejecting.  However, I don't really like VC++ project files, either, and
I hate to be in the position of advocating their use.

Maybe it's time to consider investing in a CMake-based system, even if
it's just used on Windows for now.