On 2/11/11 4:10 PM, Robert Goley wrote:
> This is true, it was added because VNC did not support session
> encryption.  I would much prefer a high performance TLS with no need for
> SSH.  The benefit of bouncing off firewalls and other machines is useful
> occasionally but is not a required function.

I agree, and to be clear, my comment above about replacing GnuTLS was a
bit Swiftian in nature.  I like the general idea of built-in session
encryption, as it is implemented.  I just don't like the fact that it's
so slow.  The main advantage I see to libssh would be if it performed
better, but if it's using GnuTLS, I don't see how it could.