On Mon, 02 May 2011 12:03:44 +0200
Adam Tkac <at...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> first about the encoding issue. AFAIK this issue is inherited from RFB
> specification because RFB doesn't specify which encoding should be used
> to send desktop name. Some implementations use UTF-8, others use ISO
> Latin 1.

I've completely forgotten the discussion, but the text that went into
the rfbproto document was that UTF-8 should be  preferred for the
desktop name. So we should probably make sure our stuff uses that.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman            OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
System Developer         Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00