Feature Request Tracker item #3325837, was opened at 2011-06-23 20:18
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dcommander
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126849&aid=3325837&group_id=254363

not just the latest update.
Category: FLTK viewer
Group: None

Initial Comment:
If GnuTLS support is not compiled in, the Security tab should still be shown,
because the authentication methods configured in this tab are still valid.
Only the "Encryption" section in this tab should be disabled.

Date: 2011-06-27 19:31

Message:
Actually, the 1.1 Windows viewer always displays that tab, regardless of
whether GnuTLS is linked in.  I guess this feature request is more to point
out that we really need to revisit the security tab behavior in general.
What I would propose is:

-- Get rid of the VeNCrypt check box and make the tab behave as if this
check box is always on.  We changed the behavior of the command line
options so that the VeNCrypt option is always enabled, so the GUI needs to
behave similarly.

-- Enable the Encryption section only if GnuTLS is compiled in.

-- Always enable all of the Authentication section options.

I think that the combination of these should be no more complex, in terms
of #ifdefs, than the current code.

Comment By: Pierre Ossman (ossman_)
Date: 2011-06-27 04:03

Message:
This is the behaviour the old viewer had, so I just copied it over. It's
possible to do what you suggest, although it gets a bit more hairy with the
#ifdefs.