Have you done any research to validate the usefulness of the
ComparingUpdateTracker? Personally, I found that, in Xvnc, it wasn't catching
very many duplicate updates, and the dupes it was catching would not have
significantly slowed down performance (they tended to be areas of solid color,
which the Tight encoder already optimizes out.) The CUT might be beneficial in
cases where an ill-behaved app draws the same frame over and over again, but
that is a corner case, not the norm. I could also see it being beneficial in
x0vncserver, if the polling rate is faster than the update rate of the app, but
that's definitely a corner case as well. Thus, I disabled the CUT by default in
the next-gen version of TigerVNC. The fact that you spent time optimizing it
tells me that you must have an app that can take advantage of it. I'm
interested to hear the details.