It seems tigervnc server 1.1.0 resets xmodmap when it receives a
keyboard event for the first time. For example, if I use .vnc/xstartup
file:

xmodmap -e 'remove shift = Shift_R' -e 'add Mod3 = Shift_R'
xterm -e sh -c 'xmodmap; bash'

Then, when I start the server and connect to it with the tigervnc 1.1
viewer, I see xmodmap output in the xterm that reflects the new
settings. However, if I enter xmodmap command (sending the keyboard
events) in the terminal window, it will show the original unmodified
xmodmap. So I have to issue xmodmap map again to customize the map
again. After that xmodmap modifications stick and are no longer reset.

Is it a known issue?