On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 12:20:35 -0500
DRC <dcomman...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Is there a "normal" way?  Last time I checked, pretty much everyone
> builds TigerVNC differently.

I was thinking more in a general "free software world" kind of way,
rather than specifically TigerVNC.

> I also find your argument to be a bit hypocritical, since Cendio builds
> TigerVNC statically to make ThinLinc.  So why is that not the "normal"
> way if you, the primary project maintainers, are doing things that way
> when generating your product?

We very much consider the way we build things very non-standard. The
massive amounts of build hacks we have to apply to each and every thing
we build is precisely the reason I consider static linking to not be the
"normal" way.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB               http://cendio.com