TurboVNC has an idle timeout feature that someone could probably port
over pretty easily to TigerVNC.  It starts the timer as soon as the last
client disconnects, and the server exits after the specified timeout.
Usually, the people who use the feature set it for something pretty
lengthy, like a week, since a lot of institutions that deploy the
solution have users who will leave an active session of their app
running over the weekend and then return to it on Monday.