From: Michael O Purcell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 6:15 AM
To: Dobbs, Aaron; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: TILT Quiz question

Is a late reply better than no reply at all?

We are using TILT, php in CGI mode, and IIS.  IIS has a bug that occurs
when a
CGI program tries to set a cookie and redirect in the same response
(detailed in
Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q176113).  For example, the following
changes
were made to short_reg.php beginning on line 21:

if ($row[0] != "") {
   $person_id = $row[0];
   setcookie ("reg_id","$person_id", 0, "/");
   header("Refresh: 0; URL=$redirect");             // works with php
cgi & iis            MP 10-28-2003
//   header ("Location:$redirect");                 // does not work
with pgp cgi & iis    MP 10-28-2003
   }

I have been able to login as a returning user, take a quiz (at the end
of the quiz I am still "me" and
not "guest"), have the results saved in the quiz table, have the option
of emailing quiz results, and
successfully email those results.

--
Michael Purcell, Network Admin, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University Libraries, Office of Libraries Technology

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 8/12/2003 6:18:05 PM >>>
Greetings all,

After much fun and playing around I have the new version of TILT up at
Austin Peay.  The only thing that doesn't appear to work (the
registration process enters people into the person database just fine)
is the cookie that stores user info.

I register myself as a new user (whereupon I find a new entry in the
db) and run through the questions-- but when I get to the final screen
(where I expect to see my name and the email option) I find that I am
recognized as 'Guest'.

If I exit tilt and come back in as a Returning User I am allowed in,
but again at the end of the quiz I am only 'Guest'.

My guess is somewhere in the code there is a check to see if sendmail
is confgured on the server (which it is).  My questoin is where in the
code do I need to specify an alternate location to find sendmail - since
it is not in any sort of default place?  The email function did not work
in our older implementation either, and we would like to implement it
asap.  If I knew where to modify things in the code to send it via W2K's
SMTP service (which is up and works fine for other apps we have here) I
would.

-Aaron
:-)'