On 6/26/11 8:23 PM, Jim Lux wrote:

I just have to look for a set of towers with a single duplex cable.

(actually a bit of googling found a report

www.kentercanyon.org/index.php/download-public-docs/doc/25/raw

)

OK.. the electrodes are about a mile off shore from Gladstone's-4-Fish on PCH (for those of you familiar with the area). The onshore vault is in their parking lot.

I wonder what it looks like, and how deep the water is? ANd whether one would want to dive there when it's turned on?

Fascinating.. it runs 20 hours a year..

There's a some folks concerned about the overhead line going near/over a school. I'll bet they didn't actually know the line is unenergized virtually all the time.