On 1/12/2013 7:40 AM, Magnus Danielson wrote:

> At 250 ps you use interpolators. The typical coarse counter would be 100 MHz
> and that means 10 ns in raw resolution, but you would then use an
> interpolator to get higher resolution. By getting a start and stop measure,
> roughly tau time inbetween each other you get
> f = (t_stop - t_start)/tau
> assuming t_start and t_stop trigger from the same source.

This may not be of interest, and if so, I'll drop it.
But I was thinking that if they go to some kind of
fallback interpolation the time interval measurements
at a more-or-less fixed frequency might still be
pretty good.

(I think along these lines because maybe someday
a battery-bad unit might show up which is not so good
at umpty-GHz measurements but still OK for TIC)

If it had a systematic error at 10MHz it seems
like maybe that would just fall out in the wash. (?)

Chris