Hi William,

I just joined time-nuts and found the posts on the Piezo 2920136 interesting,
in particular the 12 volt/24 volt issue. I had just purchased two units (S/N
4690 and 9646) and I ran some voltage tests on them. It came out clear that the
units are designed to run on 24 volts. The key test is to run the supply
voltage slowly from 12 to 24 volts and note the output frequency change as you
go. On my units the output frequency was very sensitive to the supply voltage
in the range of 12 and about 20 volts. As the voltage was increased from 20 to
24 volts there was almost no frequency change. I think this indicates that an
internal voltage regulator is used in the crystal circuitry and that it needs
at least 20 volts to work.

Jim Teixeira