On 3/27/14 8:53 AM, David J Taylor wrote:
From: Jim Lux
[]
Has anyone seen a similar behavior?  I've tried the power cycling, and
the Garmin "reset" command.  I've not done the "clear non-volatile
memory" which makes it forget the almanac.

What firmware are those units running?  Is it the latest?  3.90?  Maybe
blowing the firmware would reset the position?

yes, running 3.90.. they're only a year old, and 3.90 came out earlier than that I think..

In any case, I set one of them to the present lat lon, within a few seconds of arc, and it seems to have acquired, changed the fix a bit, and then stopped again.

The other one is resolutely stuck. I'm thinking there's got to be some simple option that I'm overlooking. It's kind of frustrating, because there's no NMEA sentence that tells you what the acquisition/search status is: just which ones it is trying to track and what the status is (unlocked, no data for all of them).

Otherwise, I do have a simple program for monitoring the serial port:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/software/net.htm#SerialPortLEDs
I'll try that..

Cheers,
David