I looked into one of the high end units for a project. From what I
recall, the resolution was high. The problem for me was the continuous
throughput was not there. I was looking at making around 30 to 40
million measurements per second. As I recall, it it could burst at that,
but not sustain it.

At which resolution do you wish to get 40Msps? Tell me the single-shot jitter figure. So far we had only several ksps of throughput in our TDC circuit, but the bottleneck lies within a computer interface.

Anyway, it is not an easy task to get some 200MB/s into the computer in a sustained fashion. (And to process such amounts of data in real time is hard, too.)

Best regards,
Marek