I have a Timex watch that's probably seven or eight years old. It has an LCD readout. The buttons haven't worked in years. It looses about one second every three or four months. I have to take out the four microscopic screws in the back to get into it to set it. The only reason I hang onto it is that is the most accurate watch I've ever owned.

Is there some way to detect its internal frequency inductively? In the past I have used old relay coils as inductive pickups with success, but never with a watch.

Al