On 10/07/15 21:46, ken hartman wrote:
from:

http://gpsworld.com/eloran-progresses-toward-gps-back-up-role-in-u-s-europe/

“Both Norway and France have declared an intention to cease Loran
transmissions at the end of 2015. Moreover, France intends to dismantle its
Loran infrastructure in 2016. Arrangements for the commercial operation of
the infrastructure are being investigated, but this depends on some form of
regional agreement. The European Union appears to have no policy for
resilient PNT, the European Radio Navigation Plan having twice been drafted
but never published. The view seems to bee that the introduction of Galileo
will achieve resilient PNT, which it will not.”

Hmm.I knew about Norway (to be honest, the Noreweigan stations being so far away that I can't hear them anyway), but France ceasing
transmissions is new.

That might be interesting with Anthorn currently a slave to Lessay. I
suspec the "Arrangements for the commercial operation of the
infrastructure are being investigated" means France wants to privatise the operations.

Anthorn is already privately operated. Hopefully a deal can be done

Iain